3-2-1 Contact
We've been working so hard this year to connect with our students and connect them with God - and it's not nearly as easy as we assumed it would be. (Yeah, we all know what happens when we assume.) Anyway, lately we're seeing more fruits of our work and seeing more opportunities to do what we came here to do.Remember 3-2-1 Contact? The theme song popped into my head yesterday after class and the lyrics perfectly summarized one of my teaching experiences. This week, the students worked on composing a farewell message to a friend. They could include any and all of the following: good wishes, a poem, a quotation, a drawing, and a Bible verse. I brought everything I thought they might need - Polish/English dictionaries, magazines for pictures, scissors, glue sticks, crayons, markers, and my Bible. In each of my classes, at least one group used the Bible!
I know, we teach at a Christian school and their use of the Bible shouldn't necessarily be a big deal - but it really was. Often, students work on looking cool or focusing on academics - the Bible/faith/Christianity don't always fit in with those other ideals. And they didn't just grab any ol' verse - they really searched. I even saw one student copying down some verses in her own notebook to have for later.
I know that it's really just a small step and a simple act, but I am grateful that God provided it and I pray He continues to open doors for more opportunities like this.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home