blogging vicariously
So we're not so much with the blogging these days. Though spring is beautiful, it seems rather uneventful of late. Rather than leave a void out there in the blogosphere or trying to fabricate something clever, I thought I'd point you to some individuals who are doing a great job of blogging. Though my life may be on the blah side, reading their blogs helps to add some interest.Some of my faves are:
http://magyarmandi.blogspot.com/ - Always honest. Fun pictures. Interesting insights into Hungarian life and traditions. Written by a fellow LCMS volunteer - go Team Eurasia! =)
http://wretchedoftheearth.blogspot.com/ - Musings of a fresh-from-the-field volunteer missionary and soon-to-be seminary student. Covers theology, politics, music, sport, and many things in between. I can't say I'm always able to follow him, but Ryan often makes me think. His blog has been newly interesting since he has returned home from Thailand and shares his experiences of reverse culture shock.
http://www.stpaulspots.blogspot.com/ - With English language sermons few and far between, this podcast (click on link near bottom of blog page) is truly a blessing. Glad I heard about Pastor Neuendorf from Heather - he was her former pastor.
http://www.loobylu.com/ - This one evokes mixed feelings for me. On one hand, it makes me slightly sad not to have a cozy little house and lots of domestic and artistic projects like this blogger does. On the other hand, it's nice just to get a peek into that life without having to have it for myself. I usually leave it feeling more inspired and entertained than melancholy so it's worth it. Also has some great links to other artists/crafters.
Those are the main ones. There are, of course, other worthy web sites, but a) I may need to save them in the event of another blog drought and b) I wouldn't want to give the impression that I just surf the net all day. =)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home