this indecision's buggin' me OR i ponder so i ipod
We have a big decision to make. We've prayed. We've looked in the Bible. We've made lists of the pros and cons (okay, for those of you who know us well, you know that I Jordan am the list person). We've tried about all that I can think of, and still we remain undecided about what God's will is for us next year. This song by The Clash (which is on repeat in my mind) seems to sum up the question:Should I stay or should I go now?
Should I stay or should I go now?
If I go there will be trouble
An' if I stay it could be double
So come on and let me know
Should I stay or should I go?
Should we stay in Poland for a second year? Are our gifts being used here as God would want them to be used? Can we handle it financially? Would it be a waste to leave now since we've already (mostly) conquered so much of the necessary cultural adjustments? I'm leaning toward staying here, but I just don't feel definite about anything. In desperation (and to see if we had the "Should I Stay" song on our computer) I typed "stay" into the search box in iTunes. It's not like I was checking out a horoscope or anything to see what to do, but I thought that maybe the solution to our where-to-live riddle might be hidden in the lyrics of some of our music.
I can't say that it was overly-enlightening - not that I should have expected it to be. These were the results:
Title - Artist - Content/Message
*Staying In Touch - In Flight Polish - started with the sentence, "There are many ways to stay in touch" then went on to list information about using email (poczta elektroniczno), internet, phone, etc. - Hmm. Maybe it means that I shouldn't worry about where we live because there are many means through which I could keep in touch with friends at home or abroad. Not super helpful.
*Stay As Sweet As You Are - Nat King Cole - As the title might suggest, it didn't give much input as to location but only sweetly requested that I refrain from becoming sour.
*Stay (Wasting Time) - Dave Matthews Band - The title makes me a little wary of staying - is it a waste of time? The rest of the song, however, conveys Dave's strong desire to stay wherever it is he currently is. "I shall miss this thing when it all rolls by" and "a taste of the good life" indicate that staying might be a good option.
*Love Is Here To Stay - one version by Harry Connick, Jr. and another by Ella Fitzgerald - Another puzzler. Maybe I could just take from it that God will always love me (and presumably Jon will, too.) =)
*Lord, I Can't Stay Away - Marian Anderson - Enjoyable song, but I don't know where she can't stay away from.
*Let's Stay Together - Al Green - This one may be in the same vein as "Love Is Here To Stay". Also, Al and Jon both say, "Whatever you want to do is alright with me." So maybe the decision would work out either way.
*Can't Stay Here - Cowboy Mouth - "Last thing I remember I was thinkin' of all the reasons I can't stay here." Sounds like they may have tried a pro/con list also - isn't clear what decision they reached.
*Dog Stay - Steven Wright - One of Jon's favorite comics shares a little info about his dog, Stay. "It was a lot of fun when he was a puppy 'cause when I called him, I would say, 'Come here, Stay. Come here, Stay'." "He's a lot smarter now. Now when I call him he just ignores me and keeps typing." Though Steven also didn't uncover any deep mystery to help solve our current problem, he did sum up my current state pretty well: "Then she asked, 'How do you feel?' and I said, 'Well, you know when you're sitting on a chair and you lean back so you're just on two legs then you lean too far and you almost fall over but at the last second you catch yourself? I feel like that all the time.'"
I know that God will keep me from falling, but please pray that He gives us peace and wisdom as we continue to discern His will for our next steps. Also, please pray that I find a better way to attempt to make decisions. Imagine what I could come up with if I used this iTunes method for other things.
Work = Work It; Workin' At The Car Wash Blues; We Can Work It Out
Money = Take The Money And Run; Love Or Money; With Plenty of Money And You; Downtown Money Waster; You Never Give Me Your Money
House = Jailhouse Rock; Your House; Farmhouse, K.C.'s In The House; Warehouse; Poor Man's House
Baby = Bye Baby; Rock-A-Hula Baby; Baby's Got Sauce; You Must Have Been a Beautiful Baby; Cry Baby; ; Baby, It's Cold Outside; One For My Baby And One For The Road

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home