let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

It's been in the forecast for days, and it's finally here - snow! It's lovely. Sure, in a matter of weeks (or maybe even days . . . or hours - I can be fickle at times) I may be writing "make it stop, make it stop, make it stop", but for now it's very pretty.
Besides the snow, there's not a whole lot to report. We enjoyed our long holiday weekend, and we spent part of it celebrating Jon's 30th birthday which was on Monday. As we have no oven, a couple of slices of birthday cake came from his favorite bakery and Heather surprised us with a delicious homemade cake as well. She's a great cook, and we're always grateful when she makes something for us. I'm not sure how she manages to find time since she's always busy with something - visiting people in the hospital or orphanage, attending choir, planning or teaching lessons, brainstorming on how to increase evangelism and worship at the school, and visiting with the many friends she has made here. Her energy and generosity are inspiring.
In truth, there are some really amazing volunteers out there, and they're facing some tough challenges. The honeymoon period of teaching is over, exams are looming, holidays without family members are approaching, students can seem apathetic or antagonistic at times, and it can just be lonely and frustrating for people trying to make their way in a new land. Jon and I are very blessed to have eachother, a returning missionary to guide us, and a supportive principal, but not everyone has these supports. Please keep them in your prayers.

1 Comments:
I am jealous! It has gotten a lot colder, but no snow yet! See you next Saturday!
Post a Comment
<< Home