Friday, October 28, 2005

mon petit chou (my little cabbage)

As you may know, cabbage is a common element in Polish cooking. I've always heard it was good for you, and - as it is an almost daily part of my diet now - I thought I would find out more specifics about its reputation. So, here's the skinny.

Cabbage . . .
+ improves digestion
+ improves circulation
+ helps to prevent stomach, breast, and colon cancer
+ contains anti-ulcer compounds (good after those tough days of teaching)
+ contains vitamin E in the outer leaves which is good for the complexion
+ has anti-bacterial and anti-viral powers (nose-picking first graders will have no effect on our health)

All of this, plus it's inexpensive and everywhere. Hooray for the cabbage.

p.s. You just never know what kind of stuff we're going to put on here, do you?
p.p.s. How random is a cabbage in sneakers? Gotta love the internet.
p.p.p.s. Remember your cabbage dance, James?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home