Thursday, October 06, 2005

it's all happening at the zoo

"Something tells me it's all happening at the zoo. I do believe it. I do believe it's true." For some reason, I couldn't get that Simon & Garfunkel song out of my head today. And what a nice day it was!
We don't have classes on Thursdays, so we decided to trek to Ostrava in the Czech Republic. After a failed attempt to visit the Ostravar brewery (they only offer tours on Wednesdays), we headed to the zoo. Jon misses the zoo in St. Louis so it was a lot of fun to see this one. Though not too sunny, it was a beautiful day and we had the sprawling zoo almost exclusively to ourselves. After our visit and some wandering through the town square, we headed to Ikea for a desperately needed item. Most of our apartment is wonderful, but the bed was apparently made for very tough, very little people. I'm afraid that neither of those descriptions suit us that well, and we look a little bit like this:
http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0319343/elf_d68-5.jpg). =) So, we invested in a mattress. We hope it helps.
That's about it for our day off. We were tired from all the walking but successfully managed to drag our tired bodies (and our new shrink-wrapped mattress) onto a train, through the border crossing, and back home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home